Got a lot of programming on the theorem prover done.
Read some more of Bill Bryson's ode to his travels in England, "Notes from a Small Island". I loved his description of meeting his to-be wife when the two of them both worked in a mental hospital:
"[...] At the far end of the room, there moved a pretty young nurse of clear and radiant goodness, caring for these helpless wrecks with boundless reserves of energy and compassion --- guiding them to a chair, brightening their day with chatter, wiping the dribble from their chins --- and I thought: this is just the sort of person I need.
We were married sixteen months later [...]" (p. 79)
Went to a birthday party for valerie, a friend of donna's. It was okay, but more importantly I made off prunte with donna's copy of MacKenzie's "Mechanizing Proof", which looks awfully good.
Wrote a little something at the zebra lounge harmonically rather similar to "distance" but with a bit more bite to it, flat ninths and sharp elevenths and all. My laptop battery was low at the time, so I just scribbled down the chords and the skeleton of the melody. Maybe I'll type it in tomorrow.
Read some more of Bill Bryson's ode to his travels in England, "Notes from a Small Island". I loved his description of meeting his to-be wife when the two of them both worked in a mental hospital:
"[...] At the far end of the room, there moved a pretty young nurse of clear and radiant goodness, caring for these helpless wrecks with boundless reserves of energy and compassion --- guiding them to a chair, brightening their day with chatter, wiping the dribble from their chins --- and I thought: this is just the sort of person I need.
We were married sixteen months later [...]" (p. 79)
Went to a birthday party for valerie, a friend of donna's. It was okay, but more importantly I made off prunte with donna's copy of MacKenzie's "Mechanizing Proof", which looks awfully good.
Wrote a little something at the zebra lounge harmonically rather similar to "distance" but with a bit more bite to it, flat ninths and sharp elevenths and all. My laptop battery was low at the time, so I just scribbled down the chords and the skeleton of the melody. Maybe I'll type it in tomorrow.