Pootled about the immediate neighborhood of my dad's place down here, checked out the nearby mall. It seemed bafflingly huge to me, but doing some comparison now with the mall I went to in high school, it only looks about twice as big (maybe about a 2.5M sq ft lot versus about west towne's 1.25Mish? I'm just eyeballing what it looks like on gmaps) I guess living in new york has changed my expectations of space. We had some mall-pan-asian-food at "Stir Crazy", wasn't actually half bad. In the evening my dad put on "Chef", a movie he saw recently and liked about a dude who loses his cooking job at a fancy restaurant and rediscovers himself and his relationship with his son etc. etc. by buying a food truck and driving it back home from miami to LA, selling cuban sandwiches along the way. It was a nice cosy unchallenging ding-ding-ding here's all the points when the main characters encounter setbacks and overcome them kind of movie, lots of good food photography.