So I tried using Google Calendar. I kind of like it. I've never been much of a fan of calendar apps on PDAs and such, and I think it's because having a mouse as an input device is pretty much necessary to make the interface feel not clunky to me. Good things: Natural DWIM parsing of time and place from the event description (I was pleasantly surprised that) just dragging over a range of days does indeed create a multiple-day event. Sharing calendars was handy for instantly importing all KGB events It is possible to delete single instances of recurring events, like cancelled advisor meetings (although I'm not sure how I would undelete them - adding another unconnected meeting of the exact same name and date doesn't seem right) I think the only thing I might change is, on the month view, the dark-on-light display of events that have times makes the different colors very hard to distinguish.