I was wandering around campus this evening and heard some awesome music coming out of Maggie Mo, so I went in to investigate. Turns out it was local band Steve Goldberg and the Arch Enemies practicing for their upcoming east coast tour. They sold me a copy of their eponymous album; I haven't finished listening to it yet, but thumbs tentatively up so far. "February 3rd" is fun with all of its rather "House of the Rising Sun"-ish chordal moves, as is "Summer's Ending". Listening to them practice was pretty fuckin' amazing, though. I really loved just the minimal drum+guitar+violin mix up close and loud in an empty room with good acoustics. The album's cover is hilariously straining to be trendy from a typographic point of view: Cooper Black, something that looks very close to Bookman Swash but isn't quite, and some hand-drawn-looking geometric characters with all the counters filled in. Oh, filled-in counters . By 1989 I thought you were all played out, but I guess I was wrong and you are hangin' with the cool kids again. Speaking of fonts, tom7 is apparently the creator of one of the Top Ten Free Hipster Fonts , namely "Action Jackson". I know I sure see it all over the place on T-shirts and stuff. It could probably also beat up all the other fonts on that list.